Chopsuey, is a popular chinese menu that trully find a spots on filipinos heart. I remember when I was in Canada and I was surprised that this chinese recipe has its own popularity there. What I noticed is the ingredient they use is different from what we use to in Philippines, They use mongo sprout there as the main vegetable ingredient were in Philippines we used different kind of vegetable with meat, beef, chicken to add flavor. Me, i have several methods of cooking chopcuey. The first one is to cook it on a stir fry recipe especially the vegetable (half cook) to preserve the freshness and crispiness and just add the sauted pork or chicken as a topping for the flavour. My second system is to add vegetable directlly to the sauted meat or poultry and simmer until the vegetable is cook. Here's how i cook this popular chopsuey recipes.
Ingredient for Chopsuey
- 3/4 kg of Chicken breast (cut and debone)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch for thickening
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 onion, chop
- 1 cup of sitsaro (pea pod)
- 1 carrot medium size, cut into cubes
- 1/4 kg cabbage, slice
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 pc of chayote small, slice
- 1 cup of cauliflower, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, quarter and clean
- 100 gram Young corn
- In a heat pan with oil, sautee garlic, onion and add chicken.
- Add soy sauce and simmer for 10 -15 minute.
- Add 2 cups of water and chicken broth, let it boil and simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Add young corn to cook.
- Add vetsin, salt to taste, and pou diccole cornstarch to thickened the sauce.
- Using another pot with vegetable oil, stir fry all of the vegetable ingredient. (Half cook)
- Turn off the fire and mixed vegetable with the cook meat.
- Served hot with white steamy rice.