Stuffed Crab Recipe

Stuffed crab or commonly known as rellenong alimango is a popular recipe in the Philippines, Filipino loves seafoods so much but because of financial difficulty only a fraction of Filipino could afford to eat seafoods especially crab. Compare with other country, seafoods is not really expensive in the Philippines but the problem is the purchasing power of our Philippine peso which makes seafood so expensive. Any way if you want to try our Filipino Style for cooking rellenong alimango ( stuffed crabs ) here is my step by step method for preparing this awesome filipino seafoods recipe.

Stuffed Crab Ingredient :

  • 20 pcs Crabs
  • 2 pcs, medium size potato (patatas), diced
  • 30- 40 pcs of pasas (prunes)
  • 1 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 4 pcs tomatoes (kamatis)
  • 1/2 tsp ground peppercorn
  • 1 head of garlic, minced
  • 2 pcs onion, diced
  • 4 eggs (Beaten)
  • salt to taste
  • Vetsin

Stuffed Crab Preparation of Cooking :


  • Boiled crabs for few minute
  • Drain crab to cool, flake crab meat and keep head shell for later use.
  • In a pan, sautee garlic, onion, tomato, potato, and carrots.
  • Add crab meat, prunes, ground peppercorn.
  • Add 1/2 cup of water just to tenderize carrots and potatoes.
  • Seasoned with vetsin and salt to taste
  • Let the liquid to be completely dry.
  • Stuffed cooked mixture into the head shell
  • Dip stuffed crab head into beaten egg
  • Fry until golden
  • Do same process with remaining  mixture
  • Served stuffed crab hot, enjoy.

2 comments

philippines classified ads May 6, 2011 at 12:01 PM

I love this stuffed crab. My family gonna love this I'm going to try this on Mother's day.

Basset Training October 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I love this dish especially whenever I visit my relatives in Zambales who really likes to make this dish. I don't know about Filipino dishes but it really makes me want to eat everytime I see them.