Sweet and sour fish recipes is a popular chinese food which become a well known fish recipe in the Philippines especially during special occasion especially for wedding reception. The reason behind it is the glamor that it offers for table presentation. We usually use big size fish preferably red snapper (maya maya) or grouper ( lapu-lapu) which is more pleasing in the eye. But sweet and sour fish recipes can be also prepare for day to day viand and tilapia is a great alternative for lapu lapu and maya maya to make this meal cost effective. Here is my procedure for cooking this delicious fish menu- Sweet and sour fish recipes.
- 1 big lapu lapu ,red snapper or Tilapia (rub with salt)
- Cooking oil
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 whole onion, chop
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 2 cup water
- 3/4 cup vinegar (to taste)
- 3 heaping tbsp sugar (to taste)
- 3 tbsp toyo or soy sauce.
- 1/2 cup corn starch, dissole in water.
Procedure of Cooking For Sweet and Sour Fish Recipes
- Fry the fish in a non stick pan with cooking oil. (set aside)
- In a heated pot, sautee garlic, onion and ginger
- Add water, soy sauce, carrots, redbell pepper
- Add vinegar, sugar, and vetsin. Let it boil, taste and simmer for few minutes.
- Add sugar or vinegar if needed, boil.
- Lastly, when you achieved the desire sweetness and sourt taste, pour constarch which are dissolve in water to thickened.
In a big platter, lay the fish and add sauce at the top covering completly the fish.
Served sweet and sour fish recipes with hot steamy white rice