Sinigang is a popular filipino recipe which have a lots of variation, basically it is just a pork, beef or fish cooked (miso), vegetable, and tamarind. Sinigang na baboy recipe is best served with grilled fish dalag( mudfish), hito (catfish), tilapia and bagoong (sauted fermented shrimp) with calamansi. Here's how to prepare pork sinigang .
- 1 kg of pork with fat (kasim), cut into cubes (washed)
- 1 pc raddish (labanos), julienne
- 1 pack of tamarind powder (big)
- 1 bundle of kangkong ( cut into 2" long)
- 1 bundle sitao (stringbeans) cut into 2" long
- 1 bundle Bataw (Bean pod) cut into 1" long
- 1/4 kg gabi (taro) peeled and cut into pcs
- Pork cubes
- 1 pcs tomato, cut into quarter
- 6 glass of water
- salt to taste
- 2 pcs Siling pampaksiw
Procedure of Cooking for Sinigang na Baboy
- In a big casserole, Boiled the pork, taro and tomato seasoned with salt, cover and simmer until it tenderize.
- Add sitao and bataw, simmer for 5 minute
- Add kangkong, raddish, siling pampaksiw and pork cubes
- Seasoned with vetsin and salt to taste.
- Served sinigang na baboy recipe hot with steamy rice along with patis with calamansi juice and sili or bagoong with calamansi