- 1/2 kilogram Chicken breast( boiled in 1 liter of water, flaked)set aside chicken stock
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- 2 tbsp of margarine
- 1 kg Chicken bone (sold sepatarely at the market)
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 kg elbow macaroni
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 100 gram cabbage, shredded
- 1 small carrots, cut into strips
- 1 chicken cubes
- 1 can alaska evap. (small)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Patis or fermented fish sauce
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- Hard boiled egg, quatered
- Boil breast chicken along with chicken bone.
- When the chicken breast is cooked, let it cool and flaked.
- Simmer the chicken to extract flavor from the bone.
- In a separate casserole, boil a litre of water and cook elbow macarone.
- Do not over cooked elbow macaroni, set aside.
- In a pre heated pot, pour cooking oil and margarine.
- Sautee garlic, onion, fkaked chicken,
- Add patis and simmer fo 15 minutes.
- Add chicken broth with chicken bone, let it boil and simmer.
- Add chicken cubes, vetsin, ground pepper.
- Add macaroni noodles, salt to taste.
- Lastly, pour evaporated milk, boil and trurn off the stove.
Served chicken sopas with hard boiled egg at the top while it is hot.
Pork Sopas Using Buto Buto (Spare Ribs)
To make the broth for sopas Filipino recipe more flavorful, I usually used spareribs to cook the broth for sopas aside from the main pork ingredient which is ground pork.
Ingredient For Pork Sopas:
- 1 kg of spare ribs
- 300-400 gram of ground pork
- 2-3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 500 gram of elbow macaroni
- 1/2 medium sized carrots, cut into strips
- 1/4 kg cabbage, shredded
- 1 pork cube bouillon
- 1/4 tsp ground peppercorn
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp patis
- 1 small can of Alaska evap milk
Pork Sopas Procedure of Cooking
- In a casserole bring water to boil then add and cooked elbow macaroni separately. drain and set aside.
- In another casserole, bring to boil 1 litre of water along with spare ribs and simmer for 30 - 40 minute.
- Sautee garlic, onion, ground pork and patis until ground pork start to secrete its own oil.
- Add carrots, mix together the broth, elbow macaroni, and sauteed ground pork.
- Bring to boil and add pork cubes, cabbage, vetin, salt to taste, ground peppercorn
- Lastly, add Alaska evaporada milk to make sopa soup creamier.
Served pork sopas recipe while it is hot with bun, enjoy..