Pancit bihon recipe, famous chinese noodle dishes that are trully loved by filipino. Any occasion without pancit is not complete, it is trully become a major part of our culture. Primarily pancit bihon is rice noodle that are sauted with chicken (Pork and Beef can be used too).
Ingedient for Pansit:
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3/4 kg Pancit bihon
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head of onion, cut
- 1/2 kg chicken breast, boiled in 6 cups of water and flaked (keep chicken stock)
- 1 pc carrot medium size, julienne
- 100 grams cabbage, julienne
- 50 grams Baguio beans
- 2 pcs chicken cube and vetsin (small)
- Toyo or Soy sauce
- 5 pcs squid ball and 3 pcs kikiam, sliced into strips
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Soysauce with calamansi
- several stalk with leaves of kintsay, sliced
- In a big pot, boiled1 litre of water and add pancit bihon cover, simmer for 2-3 minute
- Drain and remove excess water by using a strainer
- In a separate pot, saute garlic, onion, flaked chicken, kikiam, squid ball, add 1/4 cup of soy sauce, cover and simmer for 15 minute
- Add chicken stock, chicken cubes, gound pepper and carrots let it boil, salt to taste
- Add Baguio beans and cabbage and simmer
- Finally add Pansit bihon and kintsay, simmer until done while constantly mixing
- This pancit recipe has a broth but if you prefer for a dry pancit, just adjust the amount of chicken stock that you added.
- Served hot pancit bihon recipe with bun, toyo and calamansi.
Just like pancit bihon recipe, pancit canton recipe is another popular noodle recipe in the Philippines. It almost has the same cooking procedure with pancit bihon Filipino recipe the only difference for preparing pancit canton is the kind of noodles that has to be used. Compare to bihon noodles, the canton noodles is much thicker and yellowish in color. Just like with any pancit recipe, pancit canton recipe is also popular food for Filipinos any special occasion. Here is how I prepare pancit canton and I hope you will return back to visit my next noodle recipe..
- 1/4 Kg of shrimp, skinned
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 kg Chicken breast, boiled into i litre of water to tender and shredded ( Keep chicken stock)
- Chicken stock
- 1/4 kg chicken liver
- Fish sauce
- 2 kg Pancit canton noodles
- 2 pcs chicken cubes
- 1/2 head of Garlic minced
- 1 pc onion , sliced
- 1 pc carrot, cut into strips
- 2 pcs kikiam, cut into strips
- 100 grams cauliflower, slice into pcs
- 100 grams Baguio beans
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper
Procedure of Cooking:
In a big pot, heat cooking oil and sautee garlic, onion, chicken and add patis (Fish sauce). Cover the pot and let it simmer up to 15 minute to extract the taste fro the chicken. Add kikiam, carrot and let it boil. Pour chicken broth to boil then add chicken cubes seasoning remaining vegetable ( Cauliflower, Baguio beans). And lastly add Pansit canton noodles, vetsin, pepper, and salt to taste. Mix the slowlly to avoid the noodles sticking from the pan. Don't over cook the noodles, served hot with sliced pan americana ( Bread)..
I prefer pansit with a broth so please lessen the volume of broth to be added if you prefer a dry pancit... Thanks, please come back again for the next posting..
Preparation Time : 45 minute
Pancit Palabok Recipes
- 1 kilo thick bihon noodles, soak with water to softened
- 3/4 kg Pork, cut into square(small)
- 6 pcs tokwa (soya cake) cut into cubes
- 2 cups of shrimp, shelled
- 1/2 cup of atsuete seed, dip in a 1/2 cup of water
- 4 cups of shrimp broth
- 1 cup of cornstarch, dissole in a cup of water
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 clovesof garlic (minced)
- 1 medium size onion (slice)
- 10 pcs of tinapa (smoked fish), flaked
- 1 cup of crushed chicharon
- 6 pcs, boiled egg, sliced
- Fried garlic
- chopped spring onion
Palabok Sauce :
Separate atsuete seed from water using a strainer, mix all of the ingredient and cook in a pan while constantly mixing to thickened. Set aside.
Dip noodle on a boiling water using a strainer, drain. Place in a clean platter.
Toppings / Garnisher
Sautee garlic and onion, add pork and simmer until it changes in color and renders oil, add shrimp, 1 tbsp of patis and simmer and for 5 - 10 minute while constantly mixing. Don't over cooked.
Place cooked noodle in a plate, add thickened sauce just enough to cover the noodle, garnished with cook pork topping, and lastly add 1/2 tbsp of flaked tinapa, crushed chicharon, spring onion, fried garlic. Served with calamansi.
Filipino Recipe- Pancit Molo
Unlike with pancit bihon or pancit palabok which is dry, pancit molo has a broth. It has a big similarity with Mami but without a noodles, molo is a mixture of different ingredient that is being wrap using a molo wrapper, anyway here is my method of cooking this original filipino soup recipe - Pancit molo.
Ingredient for Pancit Molo Filling
- 1/2 cup boiled chicken, flaked
- 1/2 cup cup shrimp, shelled
- 1/2 cup ground pork (Kasim)
- 1/2 cup apulid (water chestnut)
- 1 litre of Chicken stock
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 Chicken cubes
- 1 bundle spring onion, chop
- 2 egg, briskly beaten
- 1/2 tsp ground peppercorn
- Combine all of the ingredient for filling on a bowl (excluding garlic, onion, spring onion)
- Wrap half of the mixture on pancit molo wrapper (siomai wrapper).
- In a casserole, sautee garlic and onion in a lard.
- Pour chicken stock, add chicken cubes, boil.
- Place mixture filling on boiling broth one at a time carefully, boiled and simmer until wrapped mixture is well done.